Number of residents : 2.332
Height sea : m 348
Distance from Riccione : km 26
The history of the municipality
There are various traditions on behalf of the country. What does arise from salus or saltus Decii with reference to the emperor Trajan Roman Decius who found refuge on these hills and subsequently built a palace. More reliable and certainly is the link with San Laodicio, Christian martyr, which was dedicated to the 'old church. Unclear is also the origin of housing. It is supposed that there is a fundus but the first date of 1040 years later when the parish of Sancti Lauditii is known to be subject to church Riminese. From past the village emerge foreground figures, as the Blessed Amato Ronconi, Franciscan third order, which he founded in the thirteenth century. The Hospital of Santa Maria di Monte Orciale, shelter for pilgrims who, in that distant age, were brought to Rome devotion to continue challenging dangers and the unknown. II XIII, XIV and XV were centuries of strife and conflict for the domain of the hill laudeciano. Malatesta and Montefeltro abruptly alternated in power before surrendering to newcomers Cesare Borgia, the Della Rovere (legitimate heirs of Montefeltro) and for a short period, the Venetians. In 1524 the State of the Church finally extended its control on Saludecio, balance control remained until 1859 (with a brief interruption in 1797 when the center joined the Cisalpine Republic).The intensive production of literary and political Saludecio has left a decisive mark on the cultural landscape of the valley. For a long time the village was able considered the capital of Val Conca. Humanists as Publius Francis Modesti Serico and Sebastian, are among the main exponents of intelligence. L '800 was a century of great urban development. The ancient medieval heart was expertly restored and the town was equipped with a series of buildings and public services such as the Magistrates Court, the Post Office, Prisons, and the Town Hall Theatre Condomini. The Saludecio today is a major agricultural centers of Rimini. Also a good developed the craft (ceramic art, working pannolenci, wrought iron), the small manufacturing (footwear, wood, metalworking) and tourism.
The main attractions
The unspoiled environment of the surroundings was the impetus in the years' 80, for the development of an interesting project naturist "Saludecio center of medicinal plants and herbal studies". Currently for this purpose have been set up a herbarium and a permanent vegetable garden characterized by one hundred species of herbs said Gaetano. By way of Trustees are the Library, the Scientific Institute and the Museum of herbal medicine, food and medicine popular with headquarters in the Polivalente Cultural Center at the City Hall.
Meet not to be missed is to Salus Erbe (around April 25), pot-pourri of conferences, roundtables, exhibitions, gastronomic angles, all dedicated at theherbalist's markets, organic farming, natural health and the environment. On the same theme are held during the summer characteristic markets, which colour the historic center with products and perfumes campaign surrounding every Saturday evening, from June to August. Other great opportunity of meeting with the appointment nineteenth Festival (first week of August), a festival of wonders, music, theatre, exhibitions, markets continue to relive the streets of the country 1 'cheerful and carefree atmosphere of the nineteenth century operetta. But a visit to the ancient village is not only linked to these particular times of the year. The ancient places, the amenities of the countryside, the charm of its corners are characteristic elements of strong attraction for those who go looking for tastes of the past and the particular. The old town still has the typical shape of molten settlements built on the ridge. The country is accessed through the Porta Marina inserted in the male walls. On the opposite side stands Porta Montanara (XIV century). Carefully restored, which marks the edge of the medieval village. The complex of walls, XV and XVI. Presents architectural solutions due to various eras. The municipal period remained too 'old Torre Civica (XIV centur.)' With the emblem of the city in stone. The Renaissance, with its many artistic and cultural flowering, has left in this small village of Romagna interesting noble palaces. Example are typical Palazzo Albini (XVI.), Former Palazzo della Rovere, with its beautiful courtyard colonnade that leads to leggiadre forms of the Ducal Palace in Urbino, and the Palace Riminucci (XVI.), Which retains the 'original staircase Two stone ramps. Work of Cesena Achilli is the parish church of San Biagio (post near Port Marina), which is also Shrine of Blessed Amato Ronconi. This is one of the most beautiful architecture eighteenth of Rimini, where you can admire paintings by Centino, Guido Cagnacci and other painters of the region.
Worthy of note is also the Museum of Sacred Art (at the shrine) where they were collected ex-Votic, furnishings (candlesticks, lamps, reliquaries) and furniture (lamps, hoods, banners, vestments) donated, over the centuries, Blessed by the faithful, whose body is kept here, intact, in a 'crystal urn. Next to the shrine, on the square outside is a little curious that dell'Olmo Chapel of Blessed because it preserves a secular tree tradition dates back to a miracle of Ronconi. It is said that a day stuck in the blessed land his walking stick and, as if by magic, it was transformed into a luxuriant tree. On top of the village stands a major complex sacred: the Church and Monastery of St. Jerome. Founded in 1640, paintings and eighteenth an interesting fresco (located in the cloister) in which are represented all Regent who have succeeded as head of the convent. A hypothetical pilgrimage to the holy places related to the cult of Blessed Ronconi certainly can not forget the aforementioned Hospital of Santa Maria di Monte Onciale, on the outskirts of the village, used today in rest home for the elderly. Saludecio offers lots of curiosity with its naturist, its holy places and its territory that offers special opportunities for recreation and entertainment.
To spend an evening quite unusual, we remind the Astronomical Observatory (loc. Santa Maria del Monte), founded by the Group N. Koppernik, equipped with a powerful telescope, which is open to visitors the Wednesday and Saturday evening, and an excursion to the ruins of medieval castles frakcij Cerreto and Meleto.